Adelaide – Future City
With a raft of new infrastructure, a steadily increasing population, a thriving laneways culture and an Australia-first cloud fibre network on the horizon, City of Adelaide is well positioned as a growing and connected city.
So what’s next?
Adelaide – Future City, held in December 2017 and hosted by the Capital City Committee brought more than 100 city housing, property and business leaders together to explore this question.
Topics discussed included:
- how Ten Gigabit Adelaide and GigCity Adelaide will transform Adelaide’s business environment
- the importance of diversity in housing product to attract more people to live in the city centre
- taking the concept of mixed use and asset upcycling to a whole new level
- that creating a place people love goes well beyond physical infrastructure
- Hon John Rau MP, Deputy Premier, Minister for the City of Adelaide and Capital City Committee Chair
- The Right Honourable the Lord Mayor, Martin Haese
- International City Strategist Barrie Barton (Strategy and Insights Director, Right Angle Studio)
- International City Strategist Princess Ventura (Director, Urbis)
- International Tech and Start Up Strategist Kirk Drage (LeapSheep, CEO)
Research undertaken by the Capital City Committee in conjunction with City of Adelaide into the market for Adelaide city living was also launched at the event. The research provides insight into the local, interstate and overseas markets for Adelaide city living.