As a partnership, the Capital City Committee understands the benefits of collaboration. Committee work and outcomes are achieved through strategic collaboration, across the three levels of government, business, industry, academia, community, the social development and cultural enterprise sectors.
Since its establishment in 1998, the committee has variously championed, seeded and managed important and often leading-edge, city-building research, engagement activities, investment initiatives and projects. More recently the Committee has been a forum for strategic discussion on the recovery of the city following the COVID-19 pandemic.
We maintain networks across sectors and disciplines and are always interested in making new connections, identifying partnering opportunities and working with others to achieve real outcomes for Adelaide city.
The City of Adelaide Act 1998
The Capital City Committee was established under Part 2 of the City of Adelaide Act 1998, which sets out the ‘Collaborative arrangements for the strategic development of Adelaide’. It specifies the committee’s functions, membership, proceedings, reporting and administrative arrangements.
The broad function of the committee is to enhance and promote the development of the city of Adelaide with powers to:
- identify and promote key strategic requirements for the economic, social, physical and environmental development and growth of the city
- promote and assist in maximising opportunities for the effective coordination of public and private resources
- monitor the implementation of programs to promote the development of the city
- make provision for the publication of key strategies, goals and commitments relevant to the development and growth of the city
- collect, analyse and distribute information about the economic, social, physical and environmental development of the city.
Some documents on this page of the website are displayed as Portable Document Format (PDF). Alternate formats can be provided for those who have trouble viewing these files. Information provided on this site may also be provided in languages other than English on request. Please contact us for further information.